Welcome to Straightway Bible Church!
There is no requirement in Scripture to follow a ritual in the church meeting; here are some of the ways we fellowship and worship:
- Singing, reading Scripture, Praying and Giving
- Bible Answer and Commentary
- Teaching of God’s Word
- Dialoguing about Scriptures and encouraging one another in fellowship
- Giving testimony of God’s blessing and goodness
The purpose of the church assembly is to encourage, exhort and stir up ONE ANOTHER (everyone is involved) to good works and righteousness, equipping us all with sound doctrine in order to mature in The Faith so that we may be One Body doing God’s work together in our community.
The Biblical rule for participation in the church assembly it this: everything must be done for the blessing and edification of all present, not just for a single person; things must be done decently and in order, with no confusion. (Heb 10:24; Acts 20:7; 1 Cor 14:26–40; Eph 4:12–13).
Believers are encouraged to prepare and participate in the Church meeting, exercising their spiritual gift in an edifying and orderly manner, humbly, one at a time.
We believe in the Biblical Church model of Elder/Shepherds (spiritual oversight and teaching) and Deacons (Church administration and benevolence). Brent Riggs is our teaching Shepherd/Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Church Meeting Schedule
- Sunday Morning Meeting: 10:00 AM
- Wednesday Bible Study and Coffee: 7:00 PM
- Lord’s Supper: As Announced
We are located on the west side of I-35 off the Ladd Road exit, 7 miles south of Norman, 6 miles north of Purcell. Click here for a Google map to our location
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant word of God; the infallible rule of faith & practice. (II Tim 3:16-17)
- We believe that there is one true God (Dt 6:4), eternally existing in three persons…The Father (Jn 4:24), Son (Jn 1:1,14), and Holy Spirit. (Acts 5:3,4)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin (Isa 7:14), that He is God incarnate, (Jn 1:1,14), and that He came to earth for the express purpose of paying the penalty for our sins (Jn 1:29), making for Himself His very own people. (Titus 2:14)
- We believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and raised from the grave (I Cor 15:3,4); was exalted to God’s right hand (Eph 1:20); and there is no other name under heaven by which man can be saved (Acts 4.12)
- We believe that all men without Christ are sinners, guilty before God, under His condemnation. (Rom 3:23; 6:23)
- We believe that all who repent and believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and who respond in genuine obedient faith, are supernaturally born again (John 3:3,7;1 Pet. 1:3,23; Titus 3.5), sealed by God and given the Holy Spirit as a guarantee (2Cor 1:22), adopted as children of God (Jn 1:12), and eternally saved. (Jn 6:47)
- We believe that all who come to believe in Christ, being filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:47-48), are commanded to be baptized (Matt 28.19; Acts 2.38; Mark 16.16, Gal 3.27); to observe the Lord’s Supper until His return (Luke 22.19;1 Cor 11:25-26); and are to be a part of a local assembly of Believers (Heb 10.25; Ephesians)
- We believe in the personal and imminent return of Jesus Christ for His church. (I Thes 4:16,17)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the eternal reward of heaven, (Phil 3:20) and the everlasting punishment of the lost in hell. (Rev 20:15)
- We believe that God gives every Believer spiritual gifts for the building up of the body of Christ. (I Cor 12:4,11)
- We believe that all believers are called to live a life of holiness apart from all worldliness and sin. (Rom 12:1,2)